As an associate at Epstein Cole, Sarah practices all areas of family law including complex divisions of property, income disputes and support and custody and access matters, through both the alternative dispute resolution (mediation and arbitration) and litigation processes. Sarah has practiced family law exclusively since being called to the bar and has confidently acted as counsel on matters before all levels of court in Ontario, including the Court of Appeal for Ontario, as well as interprovincial matters.
Sarah’s clients appreciate that she sets realistic expectations and provides honest and direct advice. She takes great pride in guiding you through the difficulties of separation or divorce and helps to ensure that you are well-prepared for the next chapter of your life.
- During her time in Ottawa, Sarah completed an internship with the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade. Following the completion of her internship, she was hired as a Trade Officer and worked in the Global Business Opportunities Bureau.
Speaking Engagements & Lectures
Sarah has also co-authored various papers for various professional development programs, including:
- Unwrapping Parental Gifts (and Loans) (Osgoode Professional Development's Ninth Annual Recent Developments and Complex Issues in Property & Equalization - 2020)
- Financial Disclosure from Advisors, Third Parties, and Related Corportations (Ontario Famiy Law Reporter - 2018)
- Corporate Issues In Family Law: Recent Developments in Corporate and Shareholder Litigation in Family Law (Osgoode Professional Development's 6th Annual Recent Developments and Complex Issues in Property & Equalization - 2017)
- The State of Expert Evidence Post-Moore and Westerhof (Ontario Bar Association's Sixth Annual Bread and Butter Issues in Family Law - 2015)
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Advocates' Society
- Past Academic Representative, Common Law Student Society, University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law
Education, Admissions & Designations
- Called to the Bar of Ontario (2013)
- J.D. from the University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law (2012) - graduated cum laude
- M.A. International Affairs from Carleton University, Norman Paterson School of International Affairs (2012)
- Global Law Certificate, Bader International Studies Center in the United Kingdom (2011)
- Honours B.A. (Political Science and Business, with a Certificate in French Studies) from the University Of Waterloo (2008) - graduated with high distinction