As a fierce advocate for her clients, Roslyn navigates complex legal matters with ease, not only in the courtroom, but also during negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and collaborative family law. She is an attentive listener who can effectively bridge the gap between what a client initially wants and what they will eventually need to preserve their family’s wealth and goodwill. With the aim of keeping resolution at the forefront, she masterfully analyzes all facets of a situation to deliver comprehensive and effective solutions that work for her client.
Roslyn's practice is devoted to all aspects of family law, including parenting, property division, and support. Her prior experience in other areas of law including employment, wills & estates, criminal, real estate and taxation enable her to provide effective and comprehensive legal representation. Roslyn's client base includes high net-worth individuals with complex asset or compensation structures as well as international clients who reside outside of Canada.
Roslyn has appeared on motions, conferences, and trials in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and argued appeals at the Ontario Court of Appeal. Roslyn is also regularly retained as a mediator and arbitrator in private disputes.
As the firm’s Managing Partner, Roslyn is not only responsible for the firm’s operations but also for the firm’s recruitment and student programs.
Whether your legal situation involves inter-jurisdictional issues, complex financial matters, or something else altogether, Roslyn’s sound legal analysis paired with her creative-problem solving and honest advice will give you the clarity you or your family deserves. Roslyn ensures that her clients know what to expect every step of the way, working alongside them to plan for the long-term, while keeping an open mind about what really matters to them.
- 2021 "Lawyer of the Year" (Toronto) in Family Law - Best Lawyers in Canada
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in Family Law
- Band 2 Ranked in Chambers & Partners Global High Net Worth Guide in Family/Matrimonial: High Net Worth (Canada)
- 2020 Recipient of Corporate Diversity & Leadership Award – Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers Ontario
- 2017 Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers – Community Leaders Showcase
- 2015 University of Toronto Arbor Award
Speaking Engagements & Lectures
- OBA Alternate Dispute Resolution and Family Law Sections (2021): New Duties of Legal Advisors under Family Law Legislation (Panel)
- CBV Institute Congress (2020): 2020 Sharpening Your Vision - Litigation Support for Covid-19 Valuations with L. Poole, CBV and K. Warren
- OBA Tenth Annual Bread and Butter Issues in Family Law (Oct 2019): Life Insurance as Security for Support: Best Practices and Alternatives (Panel)
- LSO Professionalism and Practice Management Issues in Administrative Law (Sept 2019): Dealing with Competence Concerns (Panel)
- Pro Bono Students Canada – 2019 National Training Conference (May 2019): Access to Justice: Perspectives in Family Law (Panel Moderator)
- LSO 13th Family Law Summit (March 2019): Domestic Contracts (Panel)
- Pro Bono Students Canada – 2018 National Training Conference (May 2018): Access to Justice: Perspectives in Family Law (Panel Moderator)
- Chinese and Southeast Asian Legal Clinic (Feb 2018): In-House Family Law Staff Training
- OBA 8th Annual Bread and Butter Issues in Family Law (Sept 2017): How a Hot (or Not) Real Estate Market May Impact Your Family Law Files
- RBC Wealth Management Study Group Session (May 2017): Special Topics in Family Law - The W5 of Marriage Contracts
- Osgoode Professional Development 5th Annual Recent Developments and Complex Issues in Property and Equalization (Mar 2016): The Matrimonial Home - Constructing and DeConstructing Your Property Issues
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers Conference (Sept 2015): Current Cross Border Issues In Family Law
- Thunder Bay Lawyers Association Fall Conference (Sept 2014): Preparing and Critiquing the Form 13.1 Financial Statement and 2014 Family Law Cases - Highlights
- AG – "Crown School" (Jun 2014): Ins and Outs of the Financial Statements with Neil Maisel, CBV
- Fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers (IAFL)
- The Advocates' Society
- Associate Chair of the University of Toronto Tribunal, Trial Division, for academic disciplinary matters
- Associate Editor of the Reports in Family Law
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- President of the Federation of Chinese Canadian Professionals Education Foundation
- Director of the Association of Chinese Canadian Lawyers of Ontario
Education, Admissions & Designations
- Called to the Bar of Ontario (1993)
- LL.B from the University of Toronto, Faculty of Law (1991)