Erin is a partner at Epstein Cole. She develops creative legal strategies that address a diverse range of family law issues, including child and spousal support, property division (including complex business structures, pension division, and family trusts), high-conflict parenting, and child protection.
Erin delivers insightful and pragmatic advice with compassion and understanding. She is skilled at guiding her clients throughout the legal process and effectively accomplishes their goals through negotiation, mediation, arbitration, or litigation, depending on the circumstances of each particular case. Not only is Erin practical and solution-oriented, she is highly attentive and empathetic to her clients’ specific wants and needs.
As a panel member of the Office of the Children's Lawyer, Erin focuses on the strength, independence, and consistency of the children's views and preferences and advocates for her clients in both custody and access disputes as well as child protection matters. Her experience as a children's lawyer has contributed to Erin's child-focused approach to family dispute resolution. Erin frequently appears at the Ontario Court of Justice and Superior Court of Justice as well as in mediations and arbitrations.
Active in the legal community, Erin is a presenter at the Ministry of the Attorney General's Mandatory Information Program, is involved in Pro Bono Students Canada’s Family Law Project, and participates in the Windsor Law Alumni Mentorship Program. She also regularly contributes to legal education programs and speaks on various family law panels throughout Ontario. As a member of Epstein Cole’s student committee, Erin reviews applications and conducts interviews with potential candidates for the firm.
- Law Society of Ontario
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- The Advocates’ Society
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario, Public Council Member and current Chair of the Discipline Committee
- Advice and Settlement Counsel - Toronto Roster
- Member of the roster of volunteer presenters of the Ministry of the Attorney General’s Mandatory Information Program
- Volunteer mock trial judge as part of the OBA-OJEN Competitive Mock Trials (OOCMT) tournament/ program for secondary school students
- Past volunteer with Luke's Place Virtual Legal Clinic, a virtual legal clinic offering free summary legal advice through web-based video conferencing to women in rural and remote areas of Ontario who have experienced abuse
Education, Admissions & Designations
- Called to the Bar of Ontario (2010)
- LL.B from the University of Windsor, Faculty of Law (2009)
- B.A. (Applied Studies Co-op) from the University of Waterloo (2005)