Experienced in all aspects of family law, Aaron’s clients trust him to recognize the unique complexities of their case and to provide practical solutions that work best for them not only now – but into the future. With extensive legal knowledge and a strategic mindset, he is equally effective at reaching creative, amicable resolutions through negotiation or mediation as he is advocating for his clients in court.
As a partner at Epstein Cole, Aaron’s practice encompasses all areas of family law and the defence of solicitor's negligence claims. His background in business and finance allow him to skillfully address issues related to property and cross-border issues within the family law context. Aaron's practice ranges from complex financial issues to national and international child abduction.
Aaron has acted as counsel at all levels of court in Ontario, including the Supreme Court of Canada. He is regularly retained as a mediator and arbitrator in private disputes and has been appointed as a Dispute Resolution Officer for the Superior Court of Justice in Toronto.
He is an Adjunct Professor at Osgoode Hall Law School where he teaches family law and was also an instructor with the Family Law Section of the Bar Admission Course. He regularly participates in speaking engagements on various family law topics across the country. He has been on the Editorial Board of the Reports of Family Law since 2005, and he is the Co-Author of "Franks & Zalev – This Week in Family Law", a weekly family law newsletter published in FamilySource by WestlawNext Canada.
Aaron puts his clients’ minds at ease with his calm demeanour, thorough approach, and wit when appropriate. You can expect Aaron to take full ownership of your case, caring not only about the outcome but about you.
- Listed "Most Frequently Recommended" Family Law Lawyer by Lexpert
- Named 2015 Family Law "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyer International
- Listed in Best Lawyers Canada
- Ranked in Chambers & Partners Global High Net Worth Guide in Family/Matrimonial: High Net Worth (Canada)
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Advocates’ Society (past board member)
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers
- Associate Editor, Reports of Family Law
- National Family Law Program Committee
Education, Admissions & Designations
- Called to the Bar of Ontario (1998)
- LL.B from Osgoode Hall Law School (1996)
- M.B.A from the Schulich School of Business (1996)
- B.Comm (Finance) from the University of British Columbia (1991)