Sharon is a partner at Epstein Cole with 18 years experience exclusively in family law. Sharon acts as counsel for a wide range of clients, often dealing with complex financial issues and parenting matters. She aims to achieve practical solutions to complicated and difficult problems, while understanding and respecting the emotional consequences of family law issues.
Sharon is a frequent speaker/panelist at programs for the Ontario Bar Association, the Law Society of Upper Canada and the High Conflict Forum and has authored several papers and articles on family law issues. She has appeared at all levels of Court in Ontario. She was an instructor for the family law section of the Bar Admission Course and is the current Chair of the Executive of the Ontario Bar Association, Family Law Section. Sharon is a member of the Bench and Bar Committee of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice (Toronto) and sits on a number of advisory committees and working groups for changes to family law rules and procedures. Sharon co-chaired the Institute, Family Law Section, for the Ontario Bar Association in 2014 and 2015. She also sat on the Advisory Board at Downtown Legal Services, Family Law Project for the University of Toronto Law School.
Sharon is a past President of Jewish Family & Child Service of Greater Toronto and she currently serves on a number of boards and committees of non-for-profit organizations in the community. Sharon is the recipient of the Shem Tov award from UJA Federation, Toronto.
- Ontario Bar Association:
- Chair, Family Law Section of the Ontario Bar Association (2015-present)
- Vice-President of the Family Law Section (2014-2015)
- Member of the Executive of the Family Law Section (2006-2009 and 2011-present)
- Member of the Executive of the Family Law Section of the Canadian Bar Association
- Association of Family Conciliation Courts
- Rotman School of Business Executive Program in Communal Leadership (2009)
- Collaborative Family Law Training, Levels I and II
- Family Law Mediation Certificate (2015/2016)
- Called to the Bar of Ontario (1998)
- LL.B. from Osgoode Hall Law School (1996)
- B.A. (Political Science) from York University (1993)
- Board Member of Tanenbaum CHAT (2013-present)
- Jewish Family & Child Service of Greater Toronto:
- President (2009-2011)
- Vice President (2005-2009)
- Executive (2005-2013)
- Chair, Child and Youth Services (2006-2009)
- Committee Member (various positions 1996 – present)