Philip is a senior partner at Epstein Cole. He is the Editor in Chief of the Reports of Family Law and the author of "Epstein, This Week in Family Law" published by eCarswell. His practice is now confined to mediation and arbitration and appellate advocacy. He has been involved in many significant cases in the family law field in the Superior Court of Ontario, the Court of Appeal, and the Supreme Court of Canada.
Philip has lectured in family law at the University of Toronto Law School, Osgoode Hall Law School and the University of Sydney. He is as former Dispute Resolution Officer of the Superior Court of Ontario, a Certified Mediator/Arbitrator of the ADR Institute of Ontario, and a Certified Mediator with the Ontario Association for Family Mediators.
Philip is the former Chair of the Family Law Section of the Ontario Bar Admission Course, a former Bencher of the Law Society of Upper Canada, and a former Chair of the Family Law Section of the Ontario Bar Association.
Philip has published and lectured extensively on family topics, and is a regular contributor to the National Judicial Institute and Family Law Programs across Canada.
- Ontario Bar Association
- Advocates' Society
- Association of Family Conciliation Courts
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Alternate Dispute Resolution Excellence Award from the Ontario Bar Association (2012)
- The Law Society of Upper Canada Medal for service to the profession (1999)
- The Family Law Excellence Award from the Family Law Section of the Ontario Bar Association (1998)
- Queen's Counsel (1982)
- Named "Most Frequently Recommended" family law lawyer by Lexpert
- Listed in the Best Lawyers International directory
- Called to the Bar of Ontario (1970)
- LL.B. from the University of Toronto Faculty of Law (1968)
- B.A. from the University of Toronto (1964)