Ilana Zylberman Dembo is a partner practicing exclusively in the area of family law.
Ilana's greatest satisfaction derives from resolving family law disputes in pragmatic, creative and cost effective ways allowing families to move forward with dignity and respect for one another.
Ilana will negotiate, mediate, arbitrate or litigate depending on the specific needs of the client and the particular dynamics of the case.
Her areas of specialty include resolving family law matters in the context of family businesses, professional corporations and complex trust and tax structures, as well as cross-border issues.
Ilana also has extensive experience dealing with parenting issues and managing complicated family dynamics.
Ilana has worked on ground breaking cases at both trial and appellate levels, including appearing before the Supreme Court of Canada.
Ilana has authored papers and lectured before the Law Society of Upper Canada and the Ontario Bar Association. She taught at the Law Society of Upper Canada's Bar Admission Course in the area of Family Law and continues in her role as Associate Editor of the Reports of Family Law.
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- The Advocates' Society
- Winner of the Prize in Advanced Family Law from the University of Toronto, Faculty of Law
- Called to the Bar of Ontario (1998)
- LL.B. from the University of Toronto, Faculty of Law (1996)
- B.A. (Political Science and History) from McGill University (1993)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Jewish Camp Council
- Served as Vice President and President Elect of the Jewish Camp Council from 2009 to 2013
- Volunteer for the Out of the Cold Program at Holy Blossom Temple